Typical Daily Activities
Christ Lutheran strives to offer a warm, nurturing environment where children can grow in mind, body and spirit. Below is an example of the schedule of a typical day in one of our preschool classrooms:
- Greetings, Free Play, Puzzles, Books,
- Table Manipulatives
- Circle Time, which includes…
- Pledge, Calendar, Weather, Days of the Week
- Storytime, Project Objectives
- Project Time/Learning Centers
- Special Assemblies/Music Enrichment
- Clean-Up (including Washroom)/Grace and Snack
- Science Experiment/Learning Circle/Show and Tell
- Outside Play
Christ Lutheran PreSchool provides a non-denominational Christian curriculum component to our early childhood learning. Through that component, students have opportunities for spiritual learning. Examples of that component include:
- Godly Play: Each month, students hear a favorite Bible story, which is introduced with figures and manipulatives that they can use to help tell the story. (For example: The story of Noah and the Ark includes a child-friendly boat with numerous pairs of animals.)
- Spiritual Enrichment/Bible Time: During the month, our pastor visits each classroom to reinforce the message from that month’s Godly Play story.
- Family Chapel: Each month, families and care givers are invited to join their preschooler for Chapel Time. Children sing songs, recognize birthdays, and celebrate their day.