Typical Daily Activities
Christ Lutheran strives to offer a warm, nurturing environment where children can grow in mind, body and spirit. Below is an example of the schedule of a typical day in one of our preschool classrooms:
- Greetings, Free Play, Puzzles, Books
- Table Manipulatives
- Circle Time, brief sharing time which might include Calendar, Weather, Days of Week
- Storytime, Project Objectives
- Project Time/Learning Centers
- Special Assemblies/Music Enrichment
- Clean-Up (including Washroom)/Grace and Snack
- Science Experiment/Learning Circle/Show and Tell
- Outside Play
Christ Lutheran PreSchool provides a non-denominational Christian curriculum component to our early childhood learning. Through that component, students have opportunities for spiritual learning. Examples of that component include:
- Godly Play: Each month, students hear a favorite Bible story, which is introduced with figures and manipulatives that they can use to help tell the story. (For example: The story of Noah and the Ark includes a child-friendly boat with numerous pairs of animals.)
- Spiritual Enrichment/Bible Time: During the month, our Pastor or PreSchool Director visits each classroom to remind children about the message from that month’s Godly Play story.
- Family Chapel: Each month, families and care givers are invited to join their preschooler for Chapel Time. Children sing songs, recognize birthdays, and celebrate their day. Watch for Chapel to return during the 2022-23 School Year. Families are encouraged to gather with us during the last few minutes of the school day to hear songs, celebrate birthdays, and see what their children have been doing. Schedule to be announced.