Christ Lutheran Preschool shall provide a safe environment to:
- Guide each child in developing mentally, physically, socially, emotionally and spiritually while having fun.
- Create an atmosphere in which the child can explore and satisfy curiosity about the world through hands-on learning.
- Help each child pursue individual interests and develop individual abilities with love, guidance and encouragement.
- Introduce learning concepts for a strong beginning in school fundamentals as licensed by the Illinois State Board of Education.
- Encourage an enthusiasm for continuous learning in each child, using an innovative curriculum.
- Teach each child that God loves us all.
Our philosophy recognizes each child as a unique individual creation of God. Our developmentally appropriate preschool curriculum gives the children the opportunity to grow at their own pace, emotionally, intellectually, socially, spiritually and physically. Our success is a combination of the highest quality programming as well as experienced, educated teachers. A warm and loving learning environment is created to provide an energetic and fun preschool experience.
Our program is designed to help make a smooth and successful transition from home to school by providing a safe and comfortable environment. We create opportunities for peer interaction and contact with knowledgeable and caring Christian teachers. Our positive school atmosphere helps children develop self-confidence and allows their attitudes, skills and curiosity to expand. We encourage responsible behavior in our children, especially group cooperation and concern for others. Our objectives are to stimulate young children to love learning and to grow through positive encouragement.
Christ Lutheran Preschool is a community based non-profit that is self-supporting through tuition payments. Unlike publicly supported programs that receive tax dollars (such as park district or public school programs) or private, for-profit corporate preschools, we are a program created for and supported by the families of our community. The Christ Lutheran Preschool staff is committed to conducting its programs and activities in the safest manner possible. The welfare of your child is our utmost concern. We insist that all children follow rules and guidelines that have been designed with the student’s wellbeing in mind. Christ Lutheran Preschool does not carry medical accident insurance for injuries sustained in its program. The cost would make our fees prohibitive. Parents should review their own health insurance policy for coverage of any injuries sustained or arising out of activities in this program.